Colorado’s legendary pizza company expanded, and hired Architecture Plus to plan and design their new space, as well as restore the exterior. Interior finishes were provided by the owner.
At the turn of the century, North College Avenue was a dirt road with horse tie up posts. In the 1920’s, automobiles were gaining popularity and the Hall Motor Co., a Ford dealership, changed the character of the area. Dealerships, filling stations and garages remained the occupants at the corner of College and Laporte throughout the mid-century era. Today, Architecture Plus has designed the exterior of Beau Jo’s to bring the history back to the building by restoring the original brick facade. The new restaurant design blends the historic character with a more sustainable future by featuring solar windows and wind power provided by Xcel Energy’s Windsource program.
The new 7,000 SF Old Town restaurant is located at 205 College Avenue (corner of Laporte, next to City Drug). The new space features indoor and patio seating for more than 300 guests.